Trace Systems, headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, was founded in 1999 to support and defend our nation's security interests at home and abroad–– . We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Department of Homeland Security.
Job Description: Senior VMware Administrator
Job Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
Security Clearance: Secret
The VMware Administrator will be responsible for the installation, customization, capacity management and maintenance of the vSphere ESXi and Hyper-V Clusters within a distributed environment. The administrator must have advanced experience in supporting numerous distributed multitenant datacenters.
The administrator must have a basic understanding of Enterprise Level infrastructure, operations, local and wide area networks, server technologies, client/server, thin client, virus protection, email, backup/disaster recovery, security management, services procurement and provisioning network monitoring tools and advanced storage technologies.
* Assist in validating system resource requirements of new servers to be deployed as virtual machines.
* Participate in physical to virtual migrations to include the planning, analysis, coordination, execution, and troubleshooting throughout the lifecycle of migration efforts.
* Plan, develop, and coordinate the operation and maintenance of current and future ESXi servers and virtual machines in accordance with established processes.
* Troubleshoot application errors, operating system(s), server hardware, network communications and storage allocation issues within the VMware environment.
* Utilize diagnostic tools to trace and resolve technical problems.
* Analyze software and hardware constraints to plan for new user requirements (capacity planning).
* Monitor the health and performance of the VMware infrastructure and virtual machines.
* Utilize Remedy ITSM to track and resolve problems impacting continued system operations and make recommendations for any corrective actions required.
* Plan, coordinate, and document the use of revised/updated procedures, processes, and methods for the operations and maintenance of the VMware infrastructure.
* Provide "on-call" support after business hours and during weekends when required
To Apply: We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Trace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at: www.tracesystems.com. #jointracesystems
For any additional questions or to submit any referrals, please contact email@example.com
Trace Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.