Trace Systems, headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, was founded in 1999 to support and defend our nation's security interests at home and abroad–– . We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Department of Homeland Security.
Job Title: Network Operations Lead
Job Location: Tampa, Florida
Security Clearance: Clearable US Citizen
This position supports continuous (24/7/365) network operations, requiring the flexibility to work across all shifts as required. Must be able to perform shift work, including weekends.
Provide support to remotely deployed telecommunications systems, services, and computing equipment. This support includes data, transmission (e.g., satellite, wireless, cable, or fiber), voice, video, and any interoperability/connectivity support requirements for installed computers, voice handsets, and associated peripherals and software. Limited support for “bring your own device” (BYOD) is included.
Provide oversight of Tier-I support in receiving, recording, resolving and/or escalating requests for service or incidents.
Provide Tier-II support to end users for contracted telecommunications services, hardware, and software
Assist Tier-I technicians in solving advanced technical problems when basic troubleshooting efforts have proven inadequate for the currently configured equipment, supplied mission documentation, and other SOP-dictated tasks.
Investigate issues elevated to Tier-II by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking known solutions related to more complex troubleshooting, and analysis methods.
Manage daily shift employees in performing Tier-I activities:
· Provide support to end users while focusing on operations, hardware, software, and network connectivity.
· Interact with network services, systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
· Responsible for communicating with customers to provide status, feedback, or general information regarding their request or inquiry for service.
· Follows all documented processes and procedures related to call handling, call escalation, data capturing, closure and follow up procedures.
· Provide incident and problem management to include recording, classification and initial response, investigation and diagnosis, resolution, recovery, and incident closure.
· Provide support for system monitoring and system updates using documented procedures.
· Monitor and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
· Monitor and control the performance and status of the network resources.
· Escalate more complex problems to next higher tier support level for resolution.
Maintain technical libraries and lessons learned documentation.
Coordinate with the logistics and maintenance activities with remote end users, internal company staff, or with external companies and representatives to support contracted services.
Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating system difficulties.
Monitor trends in problems and questions and seek opportunities to improve support and training processes.
Recommend system modifications and upgrades to reduce user problems.
Configure computer systems and peripherals; provide applications analysis, review, evaluation, troubleshooting, integration, security, and maintenance support.
Responsible for support of multiple information and computing systems to include all documentation, traffic analysis, and system uptime monitoring.
Provide boundary protection monitoring and reporting for networks through firewall, proxy, and intrusion detection capabilities.
Produce documentation and briefs systems, network, and architectural diagrams to company program management and supported customers.
Produce and deliver network metrics information and reports, as scheduled or directed, for company program management and supported customers.
Support operational requirements by adapting network monitoring and reporting to meet emerging needs and updated technologies.
Maintain technical proficiency and vast technical knowledge in field of expertise.
Have at least 5 years’ experience managing technical teams and possess expertise in SATCOM/RF Communications along with expertise in troubleshooting baseband architectures including configuring, operating, and maintaining satellite networks:
- ITIL(V)3 Foundations or higher level certification
- Help Desk certification: help desk 2000 or HDI certified help desk professionals
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, SSCP, or GSEC)
- IT or network technical certifications (e.g., Network+, CCNA R+S, CCNA Wireless, CWTS, CWNA)
- VMWare experience or certification
- Microsoft certifications in Technology or Solutions track
- Military Signal, Communications, IT, or Cyber Background
- Experience in Microsoft SharePoint Development
To Apply: We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Trace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at: www.tracesystems.com. #jointracesystems
For any additional questions or to submit any referrals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Trace Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.