Job Title: Network Controller
Job Location: Scott AFB, IL
Security Clearance: Secret
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL, acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC) working in our Transport, IP, and / or Unified Capabilities (UC) NOC.
• Responsible for overall network engineering support for customer programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the DISA Enterprise Network.
• Partner with Engineering team to provide specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
• Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and system architectures to develop solutions for network outages or other systems issues.
• Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems.
• Interacts with customer and/or senior leadership regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
• May be required to troubleshoot issues utilizing established procedures.
• High School Diploma and 2+ yrs of relevant technical experience.
• Must be able to obtain a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) within ninety (90) days of employment.
• Able to work in a shift work environment as we are a 24/7 operation.
• Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
• Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, GVS, ATM, Promina, CISCO, MSPP, Optical Switching.
• General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
• Must be a US Citizen, and have an active Secret security clearance.
Remedy GTMS/ITSM experience is a plus. Network+, CCNA, CCENT, JNCIA, CCNP are also desirable.
High School Diploma
To Apply: We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Trace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at: www.tracesystems.com. #jointracesystems
For any additional questions or to submit any referrals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Trace Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.